Friday, September 6, 2013

Respect for Non-Profits

After the PASS program folded, we had a team meeting where we tried to focus on the good things we did rather than the disappointments we endured. We did build a program from the ground up, we help a lot of kids improve their academic performance and gave them the confidence they needed to succeed, and had it not ban for some uncontrollable circumstances, we would have seen it through to the end. Following this experience, I can definitely say that I have a lot of respect for the multitude of non-profits that exist in the area. However, I would also argue that there has to be a better way for all of them to work together so that everyone’s needs are met. To be honest I do not know what the solution is, but I do know that this will not be my last experience with community outreach. Hopefully I can take what I learned this summer to create and even more efficient and sustainable program in the future, one that can withstand external factors and truly deliver basic necessities and opportunities to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment